Dental veneers are a popular cosmetic dental treatment that can transform your smile in a matter of weeks. If you’re considering enhancing your smile, veneers might just be the perfect solution for you.
What are dental veneers?
Dental veneers are thin shells made of porcelain or composite resin that are bonded to the front surface of your teeth. They are custom-designed to match the color, shape, and size of your natural teeth and can be used to correct a wide range of aesthetic issues including misaligned teeth, discolored teeth, chipped teeth, and gaps. Veneers are durable and long-lasting and can provide a natural-looking solution to enhance your smile.
The procedure of getting veneers involves several steps, including initial consultation, tooth preparation, and final placement. The process of getting veneers is relatively simple and painless, and it usually takes two or three appointments to complete the entire procedure.
The benefits of dental veneers
Dental veneers offer several benefits for people looking to enhance their smiles. Some of the notable benefits of dental veneers include:
1. Improved appearance: Veneers can transform a smile by improving the color, shape, and size of teeth.
2. Durability: Veneers are made of strong and durable materials that can last for several years with proper care.
3. Low maintenance: Veneers are easy to maintain with regular brushing and flossing, and they do not require any special care.
4. Quick and minimally invasive: The procedure of getting veneers is quick and minimally invasive compared to other cosmetic treatments.
5. Improved self-confidence: By enhancing your smile, veneers can boost your self-confidence and make you feel better about yourself.
How Long Do Veneers Last?
Dental veneers last up to 15 years or more with proper care. Because your surface enamel was removed in preparation for the veneers, if your current set becomes damaged or wears out, you will need to replace them.
You should avoid biting hard foods with your veneers. If you grind your teeth at night, your dentist can fit you for a custom-made mouth guard to protect your veneers.
Dental veneers can provide an excellent solution for anyone looking to enhance their smile. If you have aesthetic issues with your teeth, talk to Dr. Mary Sue Stonisch about whether veneers are the best option for you. With the right treatment, you can achieve a beautiful, natural-looking smile that you’ll love to show off.